Road closures, primary access and alternative routes identified for concerts in Indio
The City of Indio, in conjunction with the City of La Quinta and promoter Goldenvoice, have announced planned road closures and designated access routes for the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 14, 15 and 16 and April 21, 22 and 23, and the Stagecoach Country Music Festival on April 28, 29, and 30, 2017. The festivals will be held at the Empire Polo Club at 81-800 Avenue 51, Indio, California 92201.
During each weekend, from Friday to Sunday, the following roadways will be primary access routes for the festivals:
- Jefferson Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Washington Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Monroe Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Highway 111 at Jefferson Street
- Highway 111 at Monroe Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Jefferson
- I-10 exit eastbound at Monroe
- I-10 exit eastbound at Washington
- Avenue 49 between Hjorth Street and Monroe Street
- Avenue 50 between Madison Street and Jackson Street
- Hjorth Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
- Avenue 50 between Madison Street and Monroe Street will experience intermittent closures and delays starting April 3. Additionally, full closures will occur Friday through Sunday, April 14–16, 21–23 and 28–30. The street will reopen to normal traffic patterns on May 5
- Please be aware of alternate traffic patterns on the Jefferson Street freeway interchange project
- North and south travel, use Washington Street, Jackson Street, Calhoun Street and Golf Center Parkway
- East and west travel, use Fred Waring Drive, Miles Avenue, Avenue 48 and Avenue 54
- Avenue 49 and Monroe Street on the southwest corner
Friends & Family Drop Off and Pick Up:
- Avenue 52 and Madison Street on the northeast corner
Continued for 2017: Absolutely NO PEDESTRIANS OR PEDESTRIAN FESTIVAL ACCESS will be allowed on Monroe Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52, and Madison Street between Avenue 50 and Avenue 52. Pedestrian access IS available at the corner of Avenue 49 and Monroe Street AND at the corner of Avenue 52 and Madison Street.
Please note that golf carts are not permitted on any of the above-listed streets.
There will be approximately 35,000 guests shuttled into and out of the concert venue from
various locations throughout the Coachella Valley to help ease traffic conditions.
City of Indio contact is Jim Curtis, (760) 391-4174 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of La Quinta contact is the Code Officer on Duty (760) 777-7145 or email@example.com.
For concert questions or problems, please call 760-391-4112 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.