Sergeant Daniel Marshall from Indio Police Department
In case you missed it here is the traffic press release for Coachella:
2016 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 Traffic Information
Indio, California – April 6, 2016 – The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will be held at the Empire Polo Club on April 15, 16 and 17 and April 22, 23 and 24, 2016, at 81-800 Avenue 51.
ON FRIDAY APRIL 15 THROUGH SUNDAY APRIL 17 AND FRIDAY APRIL 22 THROUGH SUNDAY APRIL 24, THE FOLLOWING ROADWAYS WILL BE PRIMARY ACCESS ROUTES FOR THE FESTIVALS:
- Jefferson Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Washington Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Monroe Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Highway 111 at Jefferson Street
- Highway 111 at Monroe Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Jefferson
- I-10 exit eastbound at Monroe
- Avenue 49 between Hjorth Street and Monroe Street
- Avenue 50 between Madison Street and Jackson Street
- Hjorth Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
- North and South travel, use Washington Street, Jackson Street, Calhoun Street and Golf Center Parkway
- East and West travel, use Fred Waring Drive, Miles Avenue, Avenue 48 and Avenue 54.
- Avenue 49 and Monroe Street on the southwest corner inside the venue.
PARENT DROP OFF AND PICK UP:
- Avenue 52 and Madison Street inside the venue
Continued FOR 2016: Absolutely NO PEDESTRIANS OR PEDESTRIAN FESTIVAL ACCESS will be allowed on Monroe Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52. Pedestrian Access IS available at the corner of Avenue 49 & Monroe Street AND at the corner of Avenue 52 & Madison Street.
Please note that golf carts are not permitted on any of the above-listed streets.
There will be approximately 35,000 guests shuttled into and out of the concert venue from various locations throughout the Coachella Valley to help ease traffic conditions.
For concert questions or problems, please call 760-391-4112 or email to email@example.com