Last Tuesday, a group of pet owners, golfers, and concerned homeowners, met with Kim Fuller the President of the HOA, and John Petersen the Chairman of the Facilities & Services Advisory Committee, in an effort to resolve the recent Dog Walking issues.
Some of the Issues & Concerns discussed were:
- Homeowners have repeatedly reported people walking dogs along the rear side of their homes, which back up to the golf course.
- Golfers have reported that they have had to wait to tee-off as they wait for dog walkers to move away from the bunkers and greens near green #7 on the south course.
- Pet owners who allow their pets to run loose or take them on the areas in and around the ponds, bunkers and golf cart paths.
- The HOA Board is concerned about the community's liability related to the safety issue of a dog walker and or dog being hit by a golf ball along the Avenida Sombra area near green #7 on the south course.
The next steps in solving the issues will be:
- Until permanent rules are approved, pet owners will be able to walk their pets along the sidewalks on Sun City Blvd. holding their pet on a leash, not exceeding 12 feet in length, and allowing them to walk on the grass adjacent to the sidewalk.
- As a first step, Kim Fuller will instruct staff to place a few signs along the grass on Avenida Sombra, just east of Sun City Boulevard, which say “For Everyone’s Safety Please…NO WALKING-NO JOGGING-NO BICYCLES-NO DOGS…On Golf Course, Thank You”. These signs will be placed approximately 3 feet from the street.
- A survey of each hole on the south course will be conducted to determine if the ’12 foot rule' is realistic and doable, and to identify any other areas of possible concern.
- Kim Fuller will have an open meeting regarding this issue in the next couple of weeks to discuss our progress and get feedback from concerned homeowners.