Submit your answers by Monday, May 10, to be entered into a raffle. Check back the following Tuesday for the answers and a new set of trivia questions.
Which country celebrates Anzac Day, on the 25th of April?
What should you be doing on the 26th of April?
Planting a tree
Which Saint celebrates his feast day on the 23rd of April?
Which famous fictional character celebrates a birthday on the 17th of April?
What International Day is recognized on the 22nd of April?
Human Rights Day
Intergalactic Alien Day
International Children's Day
What city was hit by an earthquake on the 18th of April, 1906?
Which famous writer celebrated his birthday on the 23rd of April?
Arthur Conan Doyle
If you were born in April, what would your birthstone be?
Which classic board game is honored on the 13th of April?
The titanic hit the infamous iceberg on which day in April?
Which fat food franchise first opened its doors on April 15th, 1955?
Jack in the Box
If you were born in April, what would your flower be?
If you were born on the 15th of April, what would your zodiac sign be?
Which U.S. President was born on the 13th of April 1743?
John Quincy Adams
If you were born on the 28th of April, what would your zodiac sign be?
1. Which sport has a tournament named March Madness?
2. The holiday of Nowruz is celebrated in March. What is this celebration?
International Human Rights Day
The End of World War One
3. Which country celebrates Martisor?
4. Which of these Saint's days is not in March?
5. Prince Kuhio is recognized in March. Which culture celebrates this man?
1. How many days are in the month of March?
2. The Ides of March is a famous day. What day is it?
3. Which historical figure was killed on the Ides of March?
Joan of Arc
4. Which US President was born on the 29th of March?
5. If you were born on the 27th of March, what is your zodiac sign?
1. If your birthday is on the fifth of March, what is your zodiac sign?
2. What is your birthstone if you are born in the month of March?
3. The month of March is named for which god?
The god of war
The god of music
The god of love
The god of spring
4. If you were born in March, what is your flower?
5. The month of March is associated with which culture's god?
1. Which formula One Driver was kidnapped in February 1958?
Juan Manuel Fangio
2. What disaster occurred in February 1887 on the Mediterranean resulting in the death of 2, 000 people?
A volcano eruption
3. Which of the following had a subway crash in February 1975 resulting in the death of forty-three people?
4. In February 1953, what famous scientific/medical breakthrough occurred?
DNA structure discovered
First heart transplant
X-ray machine developed
The iron lung was first used
5. Which famous building was the site of a bombing on the t wenty -sixt h of February, 1993?
Karl Marx's grave
World Trade Center
1. Which famous explorer was killed in Hawaii on the fourteenth of February, 1779?
2. What solar body did Astronomer Clyde W. Tombaugh discover on the eighteenth of February, 1930?
3. Whose Manifesto was published on the twenty-first of February, 1848?
4. Which vaccination was first given to school children on the twenty-third of February, 1954?
5. Which Olympian made history by becoming the first person to win five individual medals in February, 1980?
1. Approximately how many Valentine's cards are swapped each year?
2. There are many Saints named Valentine or Valentinus, what do they all have in common?
They were martyrs.
They lived at the same time.
They fought in battles.
Only their names.
3. Some say the holiday is based loosely on what Pagan holiday?
4. Who first declared February 14th as Valentine's Day?
President Millard Fillmore
5. In what year did the first written valentines appear?
6. What were the first mass-produced valentine cards decorated with?
Lace and ribbon
7. What is the most popular Valentine's Day gift in the U.S.?
8. What is the top candy purchased for Valentine's Day?
9. Which candy company produced the first heart-shaped box of chocolates?
10. What percentage of people will dine out on Valentine's Day?
1. Which US state entered into the union on the 14th of February 1912?
2. In February of 1959, whose plane crashed?
3. Which famous celebrity succumbed to anorexia on the fourth of February 1983?
4. Which band was featured on the Ed Sullivan show on the ninth of February, 1964?
The Rolling Stones
5. Who won the first Medal of Honor for their actions on the thirteenth of February, 1861?
Colonel J. D. Irwin
1. Which player won the most consecutive Super Bowls?
Ken Norton, Jr
2. Who is the oldest player to play in the Super Bowl?
3. Which QB had the highest passing rating in a single Super Bowl game?
4. Who had the most rushing yards in one Super Bowl game?
5. Who had the longest rushing TD from scrimmage in a Super Bowl game?
6. Who had the most receptions in one Super Bowl game?
7. Who had the most sacks in one Super Bowl game?
8. Who had the longest field goal in a Super Bowl game?
1. Which of the following authors was born in January?
2. Many cultures around the world celebrate New Year's Day on the Spring Equinox. In what month is the Spring Equinox?
3. National Trivia Day falls on what day in January?
4. January has 31 days. How many other months also have 31 days?
5. On what day in January does Haiti celebrate its Independence Day?
1. In January of what year was Czechoslovakia divided into Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
2. Which of the following astrological signs represent January 20th to February 18th?
3. In the United States, January is national...
Black History Month
Blood Donor Month
Parent Leadership Month
School Success Month
4. The Japanese New Year's is celebrated on what days that fall in January?
1st to 3rd
3rd to 5th
2nd to 4th
4th to 6th
5. Except for leap years, January always begins on the same day as what other month?
1. Which of the following American presidents was born in January?
2. In January of what year did, the Euro banknotes and coins enter circulation?
3. What is the American birth flower for the month of January?
4. What American holiday is celebrated on the third Monday of January?
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
5. How would you say January in Latin?
1. Named by the Romans, the month of January was named after the Roman god Janus. Janus is the god of?
2. The Internet's Domain name system was created in January of what year?
3. The birthstone for January is the?
4. In Australia, Australia Day is celebrated on?
5. What is the British birth flower for the month of January?
Lily of the Valley
1. Including Rudolph, how may reindeer pull Santa’s sleigh?
2. What was the name of the magician in Frosty the Snowman?
3. How many “drummers drumming” are there in the song “The 12 Days of Christmas?”
4. What does Alvin the Chipmunk want for Christmas in “The Chipmunk Song?”
A hula hoop
5. How many ghosts visit Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol?
Four (Jacob Marley, and the ghosts of Christmas present, past, and future)
6. What does Ralphie want for Christmas in the movie A Christmas Story?
A Red Ryder BB gun
7. Where does the Grinch live?
Mount Crumpit outside of Whoville
8. Where did the McCallister family go on vacation when they left Kevin alone in Home Alone?
9. What city was the baby Jesus born in?
10. What three gifts did the wise men bring the baby Jesus?
Gold, frankincense, and myrrh
11. How did the shepherds find baby Jesus?
They followed a bright star.
12. Which state produces the most Christmas trees?
13. What is the name of the elf who wants to be a dentist in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer?
14. The movie Miracle on 34th Street takes place in what city?
New York City
15. Who kisses Lucy in A Charlie Brown Christmas?
16. In the movie It’s A Wonderful Life, how did George Bailey become deaf in one ear?
He caught a bad cold after jumping into icy water to save his brother's life.
17. What Christmas carol includes “figgy pudding?”
"We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
18. What fruit does Santa’s nose look like?
19. What is the name of the main character in Elf?
20.Who kept time with the Little Drummer Boy when he played his drum for baby Jesus?
The ox and lamb
1. What popular Christmas song includes the phrase, “in the air there’s a feeling of Christmas?”
The Christmas Song
2. In what Christmas carol do singers request "figgy pudding?"
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
O Christmas Tree
3. What should you do to someone standing under mistletoe?
Give them a cookie
4. Who told the Shepard’s about the birth of Jesus?
5. True or False: An angel tells Joseph to take his family and flee to Greece to escape King Herod’s wrath.
1. In the movie A Christmas Story, what was the dad’s “major award?”
A BB gun
A leg lamp
A day off
2. What movie featuring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire dancing and singing at an inn only open on holidays was the first to feature the popular tune White Christmas?
Christmas in Connecticut
3. What Christmas dessert is made with molasses?
4. In which country does Santa leaves presents in children’s shoes?
The Netherlands (Holland)
5. Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol takes place in what country?
1. The characters named Desinov and Dolokhov can be found in what well-known novel?
War and Peace
The Catcher in the Rye
The Great Gatsby
To Kill a Mockingbird
2. What is Camilla’s (wife of Prince Charles) Royal title?
The Duchess of Cornwall
3. What is the most common street name in the US?
Sports & Games
4. What number did basesball great Tony LaRussa wear?
5. There has only been one team in NFL history that had a perfect season. Name them.
6. What was Mickey Mouse’s original name?
1. The turkey is considered a sacrificial bird in which country?
2. What is the name of a baby turkey?
3. What was the first department store to hold a Thanksgiving parade?
4. From which tribe were the Indians invited to the Thanksgiving feast?
5. In Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated in what month?
6. The first Thanksgiving in 1621 was believed to have lasted how many days?
1. Who was the chief of the Indian tribe who were invited to the Thanksgiving feast?
2. What was the name of the ship that transported the pilgrims?
3. What is the meaning of cornucopia?
God of corn
Horn of plenty
Plenty of corn
4. In what year did the first Macy’s Thanksgiving parade took place?
5. What was the first giant balloon to ever take part in the Macy’s Day Parade?
Felix the Cat
6. Who was the captain of the pilgrim ship?
1. According to recently released statistics, how much did the average American family spend on Halloween in 2014?
2. What does seeing a spider on Halloween mean?
You are going to die very soon
You will have bad luck
You are going to have good luck in the following year
A loved one is watching
3. Which candy was originally called chicken feed?
4. In the classic 1990 movie “Ghost,” what was Sam’s occupation?
5. What is the fear of ghosts called?
1. What is Elvis' birth date?
January 10, 1938
January 4, 1938
January 8, 1935
2. What was Elvis’s first recording?
That’s All Right
Love Me Tender
3. What year did Elvis die?
4. What was Elvis’s first #1 hit on the Billboard charts?
All Shook Up
Don’t Be Cruel
5. What was the first national TV show Elvis appeared on?
Ted Mack’s Amateur Hour
6. What movie star, at age 10, got his scarf by kicking Elvis on the shin?
7. How many songs has Elvis had on the charts?
8. How many Grammy's did Elvis win during his career?
9. Of his 33 films, which did Elvis say was his favorite?
Love me Tender
Viva Las Vegas
10. What was Elvis' first #1 song in Britain?
Love Me Tender
Don’t Be Cruel
All Shook Up