Notice of Annual Meeting
Neither the Association nor the management company made any revisions, alterations, and/or corrections to the information submitted by the candidates.
The information was transferred exactly as submitted, per Civil Code. Candidates are listed alphabetically by last name.
My husband, Steve, and I have lived in Sun City Shadow Hills since 2010. I have been a member of the Information Advisory Committee (IAC), the Communications Advisory Committee (CAC), the Ad-Hoc Facilities Advisory Committee, as well as president of the Tennis Club. I Chaired The View Advisory Committee and have written many articles for the magazine. Steve and I participate in countless activities and utilize the wonderful facilities in our beautiful community.
My professional career at 3M for 22 years was centered in marketing, sales, product development, and project management. Later I was owner of a consulting company focused on staff training, developing and implementing security plans, risk assessment, and identity theft risk management.
When I ran for the Board four years ago, I thought I had a respectable understanding of how our HOA Board operates. I was so wrong! There was so much to learn about our Governing Documents, community operations, and our SCSH budget and financials. I feel that after two years accumulating this knowledge, I must use it to do an even better job as a member of our Board in the next two years.
I am detail oriented, an outstanding communicator, and a team player. If re-elected to our Board, I will bring these skills, along with my Board experience to work for all members of our community. I will focus on improved communication, continued fiscal responsibility, and maintenance of our facilities at the highest of level to help insure stability in home values. I will work closely with the other members of the Board in the best interest of all residents of Sun City Shadow Hills.
I believe, I will make an excellent member of your HOA Board of Directors and I would appreciate your vote.
For more information, please contact me at email@example.com
I have enjoyed my service on your SCSH HOA Board these past 3.5 years, as your President, and I thank you for that opportunity. Your current Board has accomplished a great deal along the way, with continued fiscal responsibility, maintaining our facilities at the highest level, keeping our Dues in line with inflation, and our Reserve levels amongst the highest in the Coachella Valley. The Board has been a pleasure to work with as we dealt with the Covid-19 crises, Frontier Cable Contracts, and other normal duties of everyday management. I take personal pride in the Board’s transparency, our open communications on the many issues facing our community, and in dealing with the many homeowner issues we encounter every day.
I would like to continue to serve our community as a member of your Board and hope you will give me that opportunity once again.
When not tending to Board duties, my wife Karla, and I enjoy golf, hiking, the Fitness Center, the great sunsets and movies. Thank you.
“Big” John S. MacDonnell
I want to be a Board member for the people of this community not for myself. Plain and simple.
John S. MacDonnell
I am running for one of the open positions on the Sun City Shadow Hills HOA Board of Directors.
My qualifications are:
- 30 years of managerial experience in the financial services industry
- 10 years of experience as a senior liaison and senior accountant
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent team building skills
- Effective listening skills
- Broad experience in team building skills
- Ability to make prudent decisions following a set of guidelines for the best possible outcomes.
Bank of America 8/1976-6/2007
- Retail Division - started as a teller.
- Selected for Retail Management Training Program
- Selected for Consumer & Business Lending Programs
- Appointed Manager- Villa Marina Banking Centre, Marina Del Rey, CA 1/1987-9/1998
- Appointed Manager- Beverly San Vicente Banking Centre, W. Hollywood, CA 9/98-3/99
- Appointed V.P. & Manager-West Brentwood, Banking Centre Brentwood, CA 3/99-5/2001
- Appointed V.P. & Manager-Pacific Palisades Banking Centre, Pacific Palisades, CA
- 5/2001- 4/2007
Bank of America
- Wealth and Investment Management
- Appointed Senior Client Manager 4/2007-9-2009
JFFD, CPAS, LLP - Pacific Palisades.CA 90272
Senior Staff Accountant/Senior Client Liasion 11/2009-8/2015
- Western Illinois University Macomb, IL 9/1973-5/1975
- Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA 1984-1986/ BS Business Management
- UCLA Landscape Horticulture Program L.A., CA 9/2013-6/2015
- Hiking, Golf, Pickleball, Travel, Gardening, Birdwatching, Music, Entertaining
Reasons to be a Board Member:
I have chosen to run for the Board as it is my way of giving back to our wonderful community. This is one of the best places that I have ever lived. I believe that with my skill set, education and a desire to make a difference in our community drives me to run.
I have a lot to offer and I believe wholeheartedly that I would be an excellent addition to our board. I realize that it will be a large commitment of my time. I believe that I have the right temperament and vision to do the best for our homeowners and our community.
These are the reasons that I have made the decision to run.
Candidate Ads (February)
“Big” John S. MacDonnell
Candidate Ads (March)
“Big” John S. MacDonnell