Current CVWD Storm Channel Project Updates
- Pond 1 had been drained and demolished.
- All existing sidewalk in the construction zone has been demolished.
- The reeds and pond liner has been removed.
- The contractor, Sukut, is waiting for the soil to dry out presumably before they start the major excavation.
North Channel Pond 2 Conversion Project
- Project will commence on March 7, with a completion time frame of 42 days.
- Area will be fenced off from the south end of the Jefferson underpass entrance and along the pony-walls of the surrounding homes.
- Landscape Unlimited will be delivering their equipment needed to drain and demolished the pond on Monday, March 7.
- All wildlife such as turtles and fishes will be relocated to Pond 3.