- Physical activity can improve balance and muscle strength. It needs to be part of your routine. If you haven’t already, seek professional advice, such as physical therapists specializing in balance.
- Check with your doctor if you feel unsteady. Review your medications, including over-the-counter ones.
- Get regular vision checks. As you age, vision can deteriorate over time.
- Visit a podiatrist and discuss proper footwear, orthotics, or other devices to assist with steadiness.
- Address safety hazards in the home. Clean up any clutter. Install bath and shower grab bars. There should be handrails wherever the stairs are. Improve lighting. Avoid slippery surfaces.
- Stay healthy and mobile!