It is a good idea to keep the following items in your car for safety and emergency situations:
- First aid kit
- Jumper cables
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Reflective triangle or road flares
- Emergency blanket
- Multi-tool or pocket knife
- Tire repair kit and air pump
- Spare tire and jack
- Fire extinguisher
- Water and non-perishable snacks
- Cell phone charger
- A set of warm clothes and a pair of gloves in cold weather.
It’s also a good idea to have your car regularly serviced and keep the gas tank at least half full at all times.