By Bill Wethe
Finance Advisory Committee Chair
As published in The View, January 2021:
During the month of December 2020, the FAC and FAC Subcommittee continued its work with the Board as well as with DRM and Troon management on behalf of the Association including:
- Review and recommend Board approval of the unaudited November 2020 financial statements of the Association including the:
- financial statements and supplementary schedules prepared by DRM/Associa, Troon, and the Controller.
- combining and combined financial statements included in the Treasurer’s report for the Association prepared by the Controller.
- summary financial information on financial position and results of operations included in the Controller’s report to the Board.
- condensed Association financial information to be published in The View.
- Review of the year-to-date variance analysis prepared by the Controller on the:
- 2020 Operating Fund revenues and expenses.
- 2020 Replacement Fund expenses for the purchase and replacement of common area real property components and inter-fund transfers to the Operating Fund for the purchase and replacement of common area personal property and equipment components.
- Review and written recommendations on the 2020 Forecast (11+1) of the Operating Fund and Replacement Fund as compared to the 2020 Budget and the 2020 Forecast (10+2) Forecast prepared by the Controller.
- Preparation of the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) of the 2020 Forecast (11+1) with comparison to the prior forecast and the 2020 Budget provided to the Board.
- Review and written recommendations on proposed BAFs for the expenditure of funds from the Replacement Fund for the replacement or major repair of real and personal property common area components identified in the Reserve Study.
- Review and recommend Board approval of the November 2020 bank statements, bank reconciliations, and investment account statements.
- Regular meeting of FAC held on December 18, 2020, using an audio and video conference call.
- For the Board meeting on December 21, 2020:
- Preparation of the FAC monthly written report to the Board.
- Review of the Controller’s monthly written report to the Board.
Work in Process
- Review of firms providing non-judicial foreclosure services, preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP), review of responses to RFP, evaluation of service firms, and written recommendation to the Board.
- Potential revisions to Replacement Fund Investment Policy and written recommendation to the Board.
Annual review and potential revisions to the:
- FAC Charter and Mission.
- FAC Subcommittee Charter and Mission.
- Association Procurement Policy.
- 2020 Audit
FAC now has two openings on the Committee. We would love to hear from you if you have a background including accounting and financial reporting along with an interest in serving on the FAC or on the FAC Subcommittee. Please contact the author if you would like to discuss completing an Advisory Committee Interest Form.
Additional FAC Members: Larry Anderson, Bob Giovannettone, Bob Jester, Jerry Cavoretto, Mike Whelan, and Bruce Marley. FAC Subcommittee Members on the Replacement Fund and Reserve Study: Chris Stevens, Don Salvatore, Bruce Marley, and Bill Wethe, Chair.
Contact the author at email@example.com.