Stretching not only keeps the body supple and flexible, but recent studies have found that stretching reduces both physiologic muscle tension and the feeling of sadness, as well as decreased levels of stress-related hormones. In a population of clients at least 65 years of age, it has been shown that longer duration of 60 seconds may produce better and longer-lasting results. Sun City offers complimentary stretch, core, and balance classes on Tuesday at 8:00 AM at Santa Rosa and Thursday at 8:00 AM at Montecito. Participate in our class and experience the lasting effects of stretching.
- Headphones for use with the new cardiovascular equipment are now available for sale at the Santa Rosa Fitness Center for $2.00.
- A big shout out to the Sun City Shadow Hills Weight Watchers who have lost 534 lbs. combined since last October! If you or someone you know that resides here needs nutritional support, please contact our coach Sue White for details as to how to become part of this community meeting. You can email her at email@example.com.
- Aqua shoes are solely for the use of the pool. Please do not wear your water shoes until you are ready to get in the pool.
Instructor Highlight: Melinda Lowrey
Melinda has been part of the Sun City Shadow Hills team since 2016. She teaches Yoga Balance and Strength. ☞ Click here to learn more about Melinda.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Mind-Body Wellness Day: Spend the day renewing and revitalizing your mind, body, and senses. Join us on May 18 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. ☞ Click here for details.
- Beat the Heat registration begins today: Our Beat The Heat summer month challenge will begin June 3 and runs through June 24. Registration starts today, April 22 and ends May 20. Stop by either fitness center to register. ☞ Click here for details.
"Every day is another chance to get stronger, to eat better, to live healthier, and to be the best version of YOU.” #strongforsummer
Remember to check scshca.com/fitness for any fitness class cancellations.
Committed to your well-being,