Our temperatures are rising and will remain high for a few months. Here are 10 tips to staying healthy in the summer months:
- Stay hydrated. The recommended water drinking amounts are 2.7 liters for ladies and 3.7 liters for gentlemen.
- Protect yourself from overexposure to sunlight by wearing a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Keep up with your exercise program. It is the perfect time to try one of our pool aerobic classes.
- Enjoy nature’s bounty. Consuming organic fresh fruits and vegetables in juices and raw vital salads will nourish your body for summertime activities.
- Take some special summer time with your family or friends. Hiking, nature walking, camping, or a few days resting at the ocean rekindles our connection to mother earth, and continues to enrich the whole of your life.
- Relax and breathe. This is the season to slow the pace a bit and absorb the light that stimulates your hormonal message center. Leave your cell phone at home or take a break from watching TV. Unplug and listen to soothing music or meditate.
- Sip on sun teas. Use flowers and leaves (or tea bags) in a clear half gallon glass jar filled with spring water. Hibiscus, peppermint, chamomile, or lemon grass are all good choices. Leave in the sun for two hours or up to a whole day. Add a little orange or lemon peel and enjoy.
- Nutritional supplements can support you with a greater amount of physical energy. B-complex supports the central nervous system, while Vitamin C protects your body from stress and chemical pollutants.
- Use the summer months to deepen the spiritual awakening that began in the spring. Read, relax, contemplate, and breathe/
- Above all, give yourself the time to truly experience nature and take it all in.
- Aqua shoes are solely for the use of the pool. Please do not wear your water shoes until you are ready to get in the pool.
- When you are starting the treadmills, please place feet on top of the plastic deck and not on the walking belt until you are ready to walk.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Mind-Body Wellness Day: Spend the day renewing and revitalizing your mind, body, and senses. Join us on May 18 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM. ☞ Click here for details.
- Beat the Heat registration begins today: Our Beat The Heat summer month challenge will begin June 3 and runs through June 24. Registration starts today, April 22 and ends May 20. Stop by either fitness center to register. ☞ Click here for details.
"Every day is another chance to get stronger, to eat better, to live healthier, and to be the best version of YOU.” #strongforsummer
Remember to check scshca.com/fitness for any fitness class cancellations.
Committed to your well-being,