I have exciting news to share with you all! We are welcoming new cardio equipment at Santa Rosa Fitness Center this coming Friday, March 8. For this reason we will be closing the gym area at 10:00 AM on Friday, March 8 and re-open on Saturday, March 9, with normal hours of operation.
We will be conducting small group orientations, so be sure to book yours at the Santa Rosa Front Desk.
Here are a few things you can do to restore balance:
- Attend a gentle yoga or Tai-Chi class;
- Take a walk out in nature and pay attention to your breathing (walking meditation);
- Practice breathing techniques prior going to bed;
- Take a warm shower before bed time to bring body temperature to normal;
- Sip tea that doesn’t contain caffeine such as chamomile, hibiscus, peppermint, and ginger. Herbal coffee tea (this tea contains maca powder, dandelion root, and chicory root; it’s caffeine-free and a deep and invigorating coffee alternative for morning time);
- Rub a little essential oil such as lavender oil on your temple;
- Turn all electronics completely off or fully cover the little lights in the room from the TV or cell phone that interfere with our REM sleep. Aim for seven to nine hours of sleep each night and wake up joyful.
Practice these restorative methods on a consistent basis to regain balance and wake up feeling energized, revitalized and rested!
Fitness Instructor Highlight: Marlena Santiago
Our community is fortunate to have 15 unique, talented, knowledgeable, and crafted instructors that share their passion with their class participants. This week we acknowledge Marlena Santiago, a true team player. She is innovative and passionate about all her classes, and the queen of Halloween Costumes! ☞ Click Here to Read More About Marlena
Upcoming Activities & Events:
- Fitness Survey: Assisted Pull-up/Chin Dip Machine: I would love to get your feedback! Would you want to have an Assisted Pull-up/Chin Dip Machine as a new addition to our fitness facility? It’s an amazing piece of equipment for upper body strength that would assist you specially outside the gym! Functional Training anyone! ☞ Click Here to Take the Survey
- Wellness Hour Recorded Interview: Did you miss attending the interview I did with Jennifer Johnson, author of An Awakening Walk? ☞ Click Here to Watch
- Health and Wellness Lecture: Wednesday, March 6 at 4:00 PM. Nutrition & Aging: The Benefits of an Anti-Inflammatory Diet.” RSVP at either fitness desk, or by calling (844) 367-3990. ☞ Click Here for Details
- Early Spring Special in Bloom: For the months of March and April, receive a 10% discount on Reformer Pilates packages. This offer is for first time participants. ☞ Click Here for Details.
“Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley
Remember to check scshca.com/fitness for any fitness class cancellations.
Committed to your well-being,