Ten Tips to Staying Healthy in the Summer Months
- Stay hydrated. The recommended water drinking amounts are 2.7 liters for ladies and 3.7 liters for gentlemen.
- Protect yourself from overexposure to sunlight by wearing a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Keep up with your exercise program. It is the perfect time to try one of our pool aerobic classes.
- Enjoy nature’s bounty. Consuming organic fresh fruits and vegetables in juices and raw vital salads will nourish your body for summertime activities.
- Take some special summer time with your family or friends. Hiking, nature walking, camping, or a few days resting at the ocean rekindles our connection to mother earth, and continues to enrich the whole of your life.
- Relax and breathe. This is the season to slow the pace a bit and absorb the light that stimulates your hormonal message center. Leave your cell phone at home or take a break from watching TV. Unplug and listen to soothing music or meditate.
- Sip on sun teas. Use flowers and leaves (or tea bags) in a clear half gallon glass jar filled with spring water. Hibiscus, peppermint, chamomile, or lemon grass are all good choices. Leave in the sun for two hours or up to a whole day. Add a little orange or lemon peel and enjoy.
- Nutritional supplements can support you with a greater amount of physical energy. B-complex supports the central nervous system, while Vitamin C protects your body from stress and chemical pollutants.
- Use the summer months to deepen the spiritual awakening that began in the spring. Read, relax, contemplate, and breathe.
- Above all, give yourself the time to truly experience nature and take it all in.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Mind-Body Wellness Day: Join us on Saturday, May 18 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM and submerge yourself in pure bliss. There are a few spots left, so sign up at the Montecito or Santa Rosa fitness desks. ☞ Click here for details.
- Beat the Heat registration has begun: Our Beat the Heat summer month challenge will begin June 3 and runs through June 24. Registration is now open until May 20. Sign up at the Montecito or Santa Rosa fitness desks. ☞ Click here for details.
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for a newer and richer experience.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Remember to check scshca.com/fitness for any fitness class cancellations.
Committed to your well-being,