Are You Grounded and Centered?
Studies show you can ground yourself and return to a sense of calm with simple exercises, such as:
- Breathing exercises. Take a deep inhalation through your nose, hold your breath for the count of ten. Then exhale through your nose for the count of ten while relaxing your body from head to toes.
- Walking meditation. This exercise is about using walking as your focus. Try walking slowly, being mindful of each step you take, and feeling the ground beneath you.
- Play music. Play instrumental music and give it all your attention.
- Stop and listen carefully. If you are talking to others, listen to every word they are saying. Focus. Being fully present is the best gift you can give another person.
Highlight of the Week
Our Weight Watchers program participants that started the community series back in October have lost 337 lbs. combined! This is a huge accomplishment. There will be another series of meetings starting mid-February. The 17-meeting series is usually $187, but if you attend week #1 you will be eligible to receive the Journey Incentive and pay only $153 for the 17 weeks. Email coach Sue White for details at email@example.com.
Upcoming Events and Activities:
- The Wellness Hour: Jennifer Winn Johnson
- Health & Wellness Lecture: Influence Your Genes
- Health & Wellness Lecture: The Changing Face of Alzheimer’s
“Be like a tree. Stay grounded. Connect with your roots. Turn over a new leaf. Bend before you break. Enjoy your unique natural beauty. Keep growing.” – Joanne Raptis
Remember to check scshca.com/fitness for any fitness class cancellations.
Committed to your well-being,