BY CEASAR LARRACH
In 1979 John Carona founded a boutique property management firm providing limited property management services to apartments and condominiums in Dallas. Today, as the global leader in association management, Associa brings over 30 years of experience. We understand and strive to meet the unique needs of each community, including exceptional expertise and resources for your association.
We serve associations of all types – single-family, condo, mixed-use and master-planned communities, luxury high-rise, active adult, resorts, golf, and commercial – while also helping builders, developers, and real estate professionals achieve their goals. Associa manages communities and /or resorts through-out the United States, Canada, Mexico, United Arab Emirates, and South Africa.
In 2006 Associa founded Associa Cares, a 501(c)(3) non-profit to assist people throughout the world who are victims of natural or man-made disasters. Funded solely by the donations of Associa employees and the generosity of concerned citizens, Associa Cares seeks to provide needed goods and services to families affected by these tragedies. Here are just a few of the donations made by Associa Cares:
- In May 2015, over $14,000 to relief efforts in Nepal.
- In March 2015, over 45 $1,000 checks were handed out to help homeowners that were victims of a large-scale fire.
- In 2014, $100,000 to help residents and employees in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, recover from Hurricane Odile.
- In the summer of 2013, $100,000 to victims of the Calgary floods. $10k went to the Calgary Red Cross and the remaining $90,000 was handed out to 90 different residents in increments of $1,000.
- In the summer of 2013, over $40k to victims of the Moore, OK, tornadoes.
- In November 2012, over $45k to Hurricane Sandy victims.
- In November 2011, nearly $60k to Bastrop fire victims.
Below is the total money donated by Associa employees and generous, concerned citizens over the years:
Another great program is ASK (Associa Supports Kids), which encourages children to be active, healthy, and strong. ASK sponsorships are our opportunity to give back to the communities that we serve in a unique way by sponsoring local, “grassroots” youth sports and other youth activities. We understand financial assistance is sometimes necessary for teams to purchase uniforms, equipment, or register a team for a season, playoffs, championships, and more. We have awarded 74 ASK Youth Sports and Fitness Scholarships to date in 2015 for local swim teams, youth football and baseball, and cultural dance troops and high school robotics teams. ASK youth activities sponsorships are but a small way that we can help support the communities that our clients call home.