We are pleased to announce that the first four projects of the golf master plan have just been finished. These newly renovated amenities are now open and are available to all residents. They include:
- Montecito Putting Course, was renovated with new design, turf and is now under the lights. Residents and their guests can now enjoy the experience throughout the day and into the evening.
- South Course Bunker Renovation, was completed that modified the bunkers, installed liners and replaced all sand. The bunker modification will not guarantee your escape, yet bunkers should be easier.
- Driving Range Expansion, allows for more practice spots and should provide reduced or no waiting time to practice.
- New Practice Putting Green, near the south course pro-shop, it is significantly larger with less slope than our previous green. This should accommodate many more golfers and better simulate green conditions on the course.
This summer’s Golf Master Plan projects came in approximately 16% under budget saving the community almost $200K. The savings were achieved due to following efforts:
- A collaborative effort with help from the Golf Advisory Committee, Finance Advisory Committee, Troon Golf, Management and the Board all working closely together.
- Troon Golf’s substantial renovation experience and overall management of the project helped significantly.
- The selected contractor had just completed another renovation project in Palm Desert resulting in lower equipment transportation cost.
- Conservative estimating of material quantities required for the project.
- Plans and specifications were comprehensive and tightly managed.
- A project manager was hired and held the contractor accountable through continual monitoring and reporting of work performed vs the plan.
- No unexpected issues of any significance were experienced during construction.
- A competitive bidding process with multiple bidders and evaluators helped select lowest qualified bidder.
- Comprehensive contract and legal review provided contract accountability.
This team effort should serve as template and a valuable lesson learned for future projects. The outcome for the community, much improved amenities, resulting in a favorable experience by residents and guests. In addition, the improvement to the course should result a better golf experience, more golf rounds and revenue to the community. Thanks again, to all residents who helped make this a success.