(INDIO, CA) – The City of Indio announces anticipated street impacts, transportation and alternate route information for the 2023 Power Trip Festival held at the Empire Polo Club on October 6, 7 and 8, 2023.
Due to the events, Avenue 50 between Monroe Street and Madison Avenue will be closed from Tuesday, September 26, to Friday, October 13. The closure is necessary to protect the safety of workers, residents and commuters. Alternate routes include Highway 111, Dr. Carreon Boulevard, Avenue 48 and Avenue 52.
The following streets will be primary access routes for the festival on the following days: October 5-8, but significant traffic is expected:
- Jefferson Street, southbound, from Interstate 10 to Avenue 52
- Washington Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Monroe Street, southbound, from I-10 to Avenue 52
- Avenue 48 between Jefferson and Jackson streets
- Highway 111 at Jefferson Street
- Highway 111 at Monroe Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Jefferson Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Monroe Street
- I-10 exit eastbound at Washington Street
On Friday of the festival through Monday, the following roads will be closed:
- Avenue 49 between Hjorth Street and Monroe Street
- Avenue 50 between Madison Street and Jackson Street
- Hjorth Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
Expect the following additional delays:
- On Monday following the festival, streets surrounding the festival site and Interstate 10 will be busy with more than 8,000 campers leaving the area.
Consider the following alternate routes:
- North and south travel, use Washington Street, Jackson Street, Calhoun Street and Golf Center Parkway
- East and west travel, use Highway 111, Fred Waring Drive, Miles Avenue, Dr. Carreon Boulevard and Avenue 54
- Avenue 49 and Monroe Street on the southwest corner
Friends & Family/Taxi Drop Off & Pick Up:
- Avenue 52 and Madison Street on the northeast corner
NO pedestrian or pedestrian festival access:
- Monroe Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
- Madison Street between Avenue 50 and Avenue 52
Approved pedestrian access:
- Corner of Avenue 49 and Monroe Street
- Corner of Avenue 52 and Madison Street
- Corner of Avenue 52 and Monroe Street
- Corner of Avenue 50 and Madison Street
Golf carts are not permitted on any of the above-listed streets.
Approximately 18,000 guests will be shuttled into and out of the concert venue from various locations throughout the Coachella Valley to help ease traffic conditions.
Noise from the festival site could begin on Monday prior to the festival dates, due to sound checks.
For concert logistics, questions or issues, please call 760-391-4112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.