So much has been happening that, every once in a while, it is wise to stop, smell the roses, and in our case understand we live in a terrific place, surrounded by terrific people, all working together in this beautiful community. A neighbor says, “good morning”; I smile and reflect on the gift of this paradise. It is a pleasure meeting, talking, and working with so many great people.
Let’s take a moment to thank some of the many people who are doing so much for our community. It is easy to forget all the people who work to make this place a paradise. So many people on so many committees work hard, and we all benefit from their success. Too often people will think it is the Board that does all the work, but it is the members of each committee who are doing most of the work. All these members make the difference between success and failure in creating a beautiful place to live. I for one wish to take a moment and thank them for all their efforts, and for making the work of the Board so much easier.
If you know a committee member, stand up and thank them; we can’t say it loudly enough or often enough given their dedication. Let me take this moment to thank all the Chairs of each committee for the service and unselfish dedication:
- City Development Coordinating Committee Chair: Tom Hutson
- Communications Advisory Committee Chair: Tom Hutson
- Covenants Committee Co-Chairs: Lee Powell and Traci Barnett Hone
- Design Review Committee Chair: Ted Shettler
- Emergency Preparedness Committee Chair: Jeff Kirkpatrick
- Facilities & Services Advisory Committee Chair: John Petersen
- Finance Advisory Committee Chair: Bill Wethe
- Food & Beverage Advisory Committee Chair: Jurgen Gross
- Golf Advisory Committee Chair: Dave Bakshy
- Health and Fitness Committee Chair: Rick Halla
- Information Advisory Committee Chair: Stacia Armstrong
- Landscape Advisory Committee Chair: Chris Stevens
- Safety Advisory Committee Chair: Ed Chavez
And the new Lifestyle Committee should be starting in the next month.
So, when the sun sets on this day, I will reflect on the beautiful sunrise, a “good morning” greeting, all the kind people who have gathered in this community, and say to myself: “It doesn’t get any better than this.”