Indio residents are now required to recycle food scraps and yard waste together. They will be sent by Burrtec to composting facilities instead of a landfill.
If you need a “Green Waste” or “Organics Only” bin, contact Burrtec Customer Service by:
- Calling 760-340-2113 (Open Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm)
- Or emailing them at email@example.com
Put these in the Burrtec bin labelled “Green Waste” or “Organics Only”
- Food Scraps – fruits & vegetables; cheese, milk & other dairy products; meat, bones & eggs; bread, pasta, rice & grains; tea bags & coffee filters.
- Food-Soiled Paper (compostable only) – The item should be soiled paper that is not coated with plastic. Examples include these paper items: napkins and tissues, plates and cups, to-go containers; food-service wrappers; pizza and cardboard produce boxes.
- Yard Trimmings – Grass clippings; leaves, flowers & weeds; small branches and prunings; nonhazardous wood (natural state only, no treated or construction material).
For more tips on recycling, check out our Waste Recycling Guide on our Trash Collection page at www.scshca.com/trash.