As a resident of Indio you may be eligible for a utility user tax rebate!
All City of Indio residents and businesses are assessed a Utility Users Tax on amounts paid for water, telephone, cable, gas and electric service. You may qualify for an exemption of the Utility Users Tax if you meet the following criteria:
- The utility bill is in your name, and you pay the bill directly to the utility company, and
- You live within Indio city limits, and
- You are age 62 or older and file as head of household, OR
- You are a recipient of the Social Security Administration’s Supplemental Security Income Program
In order to process your request in a timely manner, please bring in the following:
- Completed Application, and
- Proof of age (driver’s license, state ID, or birth certificate), or
- Certification from SSI, and
- Copies of the most recent utility bill from each of the following utility companies that service your residence:
- Cable TV
- Cell Phone
An application and retroactive application are available on the City of Indio website: www.indio.org.