At Sun City Shadow Hills, we are a vibrant community consisting of residents with a diverse array of experience and expertise. The willingness of our residents to share that experience and expertise is what sets SCSH apart.
Volunteers are the heart of our community.
Currently our Emergency Preparedness Sub-Committee is seeking volunteers. The EPSC, under the direction of Jeff Kirkpatrick, has formulated a comprehensive plan to assist our residents in the event of a catastrophic event. This plan focuses on preparedness with the goal of Self Sufficiency and Self Reliance.
In order for this plan to be operationally ready, volunteers are needed. Below is a list of the volunteer opportunities with the EPSC. Volunteers will be trained and assigned.
- SCSH is divided into 20 tracts, referred to as Divisions. One volunteer per division.
- Windshield Survey Team - this group will assess damage and track the Red/Green cards.
- Security Relief Team - this group will staff the Jefferson and 40th Avenue gates if needed.
- Generator Team - will be responsible for maintaining emergency electric generators.
- Radio Team – Amateur/HAM radio operators with their own radios participating on the local emergency radio net (RACES)
If you are interested in lending your experience and expertise to this effort, please complete an Advisory Committee Interest Form and turn in to the HOA Office. Download the form by clicking here or pick one up at the HOA office. Please return your completed form to the HOA office.
Submitted by Kris Downey, IAC Member