By Bill Wethe
Finance Advisory Committee Chair
As published in The View, April 2021:
During the months of February and March 2021, the FAC and FAC Subcommittee continued its work with the Board as well as with DRM and Troon management on behalf of the Association including:
- Review and recommend Board approval of the 2020 audited financial statements. Audited financial statements were approved by the Board on February 22, 2021, and issued by the Auditor on February 24, 2021.
- Review and recommend Board approval of the 2020 income tax returns.
- Review and recommend Board approval of the Association’s unaudited January and February 2021 financial statements including the:
- financial statements and supplementary schedules.
- combining and combined financial statements included in the Treasurer’s report.
- summary financial information on financial position and results of operations included in the General Manager’s report.
- condensed Association financial information to be published in The View magazine.
- Review of the year-to-date variance analysis prepared by the General Manager on the:
- 2021 Operating Fund revenues and expenses.
- 2021 Replacement Fund expenses for the purchase and replacement of common area real property components and inter-fund transfers to the Operating Fund for the purchase and replacement of common area personal property and equipment components.
- Review and written recommendations on the 2021 Forecast (2+10) of the Operating Fund and Replacement Fund as compared to the 2021 Budget.
- Preparation of the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) of the 2021 Forecast (2+10) provided to the Board.
- Review and written recommendations on proposed BAFs for the expenditure of funds for the replacement or major repair of real and personal property common area components identified in the Reserve Study.
- Review and recommend Board approval of the January and February 2021 bank statements, bank reconciliations, and investment account statements.
- Regular meeting of FAC held on March 19, 2021, via audio and video conference call.
- For the Board meeting on March 29, 2021:
- Preparation of the FAC monthly written report to the Board.
- Review of the General Manager’s monthly written report to the Board.
Work in Process
- Insurance renewal as of April 22, 2021.
Thank you, Bob Giovannettone, for serving on the Committee from June 2019 through February 2021. We appreciate the contributions and recommendations you made. Now, FAC has six members; and we have Board approval for a total of nine. So we have three openings, and we would love to hear from you. We are looking for owners who have a background including accounting and financial reporting and an interest in serving on the FAC or on the FAC Subcommittee. Please contact the author if you would like to discuss completing an Advisory Committee Interest Form.
Additional FAC Members: Larry Anderson, Bob Jester, Jerry Cavoretto, Mike Whelan, and Bruce Marley. FAC Subcommittee Members on the Replacement Fund and Reserve Study: Chris Stevens, Don Salvatore, Bruce Marley, and Bill Wethe, Chair.
Contact the author at email@example.com.