Day 1: Empty and Clean Refrigerator and Freezer
- Throw out all expired food (at least that from the 20th century)
- While empty, move the refrigerator out and clean the floor
- Wash the top, back, and sides
Today includes a second refrigerator in the garage and a wine fridge too.
Day 2: Clean All the Small Appliances
- Microwave, toaster, rice cooker, blender, etc.
- Q-tips and toothpicks are handy to clean the crevices
- Clean stuff sitting on the counter, e.g. canisters, paper towel holder, knife racks, decorations, etc.
Day 3: Clean and Re-organize Drawers and Cupboards
- This is a big day! Wash or clean shelves and maybe replace shelf liner.
Day 4: Clean Light Fixtures (Including under Cabinet Lighting)
- Windows and window coverings
- Wash light fixtures and outlets
- Dust walls if you are inspired to do so
Day 5: Clean the Oven, Cook Top, Garbage Disposal, Inside of Dishwasher
- Fill with “Finish” if you use it.
- Clean flatware. If you have flatware, particularly knives, that have marks on them here is an easy trick to clean them. Put a couple of inches of water into a ~9x12 plastic container. Add a teaspoon of baking soda. Place your knives into the water and cover with aluminum foil. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then wash and dry. You will be pleased with the results.
- Clean dishes. If you have light colored plates and/or bowls with dark scuff marks, here is method to clean them. Make a paste of baking soda and water. Put the paste on the dishes and scrub with a scouring pad and Soft Scrub or Bon Ami to remove those black use marks.