Good Afternoon Residents:
Masks: As I explained in yesterday’s Podcast, the State issued new guidelines for wearing masks outdoors. The simple version is ‘Californians must wear face coverings when outdoors if 6’ social distancing cannot be maintained’. For all activities outdoors, except swimming, you must wear a face mask if you cannot maintain 6’ apart. If you can maintain 6’ apart then a mask is not required. Please be responsible and aware of what you are doing. Occupants of the same household do not have to maintain 6’ social distancing and don’t have to wear a mask.
Dog Parks: Will open June 23, 2020 with reservations. Once again, you must remain 6’ apart at all times if you are not wearing a mask. Here are the guidelines for the dog parks:
The Dog parks will open on June 23, 2020. Reservations will be taken beginning June 22, 2020.
Reservations can be made up to one-week in advance. Reservations can be made by calling the Lifestyle Department at 760-345-4349 ext. 2120, Monday – Friday, between 9:00am – 4:00pm.
Dog Parks Hours of Operations: November 1st – March 15th – 7:00am – 5:00pm.
March 16th – October 31st – 7:00am – 8:00pm.
- Maximum of four (4) persons in each dog park section, total of eight (8) persons at a time per dog park.
- One person equals one reservation.
- 25-minute reservations only. That leaves 5 minutes to exit before new group comes in.
- Social distancing is required.
- Per CA State Code, people in California must wear a face covering when outdoors and cannot maintain a 6’ foot social distance.
- All chairs in dog parks will be removed.
- Water Fountains are unavailable.
- Patrol will periodically monitor the dog parks for violations.
Shadows Restaurant: As you all know Shadows is currently open for take out food only. The Food & Beverage Committee has been evaluating opening Shadows for sit down dining on a limited basis per the County Guidelines. The Board has decided at this time to maintain the status quo and not allow for sit down dining for a variety of reasons.
- First priority is resident health and safety.
- Opening of other activities has been outdoors where health and safety have less risk.
- Sit down dining is not able to maintain 6’ social distancing at a table.
- You cannot wear a mask while eating.
- SCPD had to close the restaurant after virus was contracted by an employee.
- If restaurant closes so does the take-out food have to close. Problem is all staff would have to stay home and self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Cases of Coronavirus are climbing in this area.
The Board felt at this time patience is warranted given all the points listed above and to take a wait and see approach is in the best interest of the health and safety of all residents. Please use the take-out and delivery service from Shadows and the Board will be evaluating the situation daily.
Have a great weekend.