Unique Art Pieces in Downtown Indio Display Various Concepts of “House”
INDIO, CA (November 14, 2018) – The City of Indio's Public Art and Historic Preservation Commission invites the public to the official opening of the House That Art Built exhibit on November 17, 2018, at 10:30 a.m. at the vacant lot located at 45-190 Oasis Street adjacent to Casillas Bakeries. The temporary art installations are located throughout downtown Indio and features each artist’s concept of a “house.” The selected artists are Cathy Allen and Delos Van Earl from Joshua Tree, Marnie Navarro from the Coachella Valley, Chris Sanchez from Indio, and Tim Shockley from Palm Desert. The artwork can be viewed through April 29, 2019, at the following locations:
- Delos Van Earl – Site 1: Near the southeast corner of Jackson Street and Requa Avenue
- Marnie Navarro – Site 2: Near the southeast corner of Miles Avenue and Smurr Street
- Tim Shockley – Site 3: East side of Oasis Street approximately 330 feet north of Bliss Avenue
- Cathy Allen – Site 4: East side of Oasis Street approximately 250 feet north of Bliss Avenue
- Chris Sanchez – Site 5: East side of Oasis Street approximately 330 feet north of Bliss Avenue
Following the art exhibit opening, the Coachella Valley Art Center will host an open house featuring additional works by the featured artists. The Coachella Valley Art Center is located at 45140 Towne St, Indio. For more information and map locations, go to Indio.org.